Sunday, March 27, 2016

Domain names are cheap



Domain names are cheap – so cheap that it is hard to resist not owning more than one. Personally I own more than 50 domain names in my GoDaddy and NameCheap accounts. And I’m not alone. according to this Web Hosting Talk’s survey – 80% of the voters own more than 5 domains and more than 20% of the voters own more than 50! To accommodate these extra domains, we need extra hosting space. And this is why it is important to have a web hosting account that allows adding multiple domains. Generally speaking, most budget shared hosting companies allow at least 25 addon domains* in one account nowadays but you can never be sure. Some years ago I was careless and signed up on a web host that allows only one domain. And, I was holding more than 10 parked domains at that time. Do not repeat my mistake – be sure to check the domain capacity before you make a purchase. Tip: Addon Domain = separated website with a different domain that you can host on the web host; Parked Domain = additional domain you “park” for domain forwarding or email hosting.

No comments:
Write comments